A Day of Virtual Volunteering: August 6 Event Date: August 6, 2020Location: Virtual EventApplication Deadline: July 9, 2020
What's a Pro Bono Marathon
A one-day event where a team of two to three skilled volunteers work on and deliver a defined scope of work for a nonprofit.
Who Should Apply?
The ideal consultants for this event are professionals with 5+ years’ experience in the areas of marketing, HR, technology, finance, or strategy.
- You must indicate your area of expertise in your interest statement
- Your responsibilities in the weeks prior to the event include a 1-hour training webinar in mid July, and a kickoff call with your team and nonprofit.
Taproot invites you to contribute your expertise to NY-based nonprofit partners at a Virtual Pro Bono Marathon! A Virtual Pro Bono Marathon is a full-day event in which teams of 2-3 pro bono consultants work with a nonprofit partner to deliver on a pre-scoped project. During the event, teams will dig into the nonprofit’s specific organizational challenge and create a customized and actionable deliverable.
Example projects include:
- Key messaging refresh for a multi-cultural community center
- Organizational IT assessment for a nonprofit promoting racial equality
- Leadership succession plan for a nonprofit empowering first-generation college students