A Day of Volunteering: January 31st in West Town
Pro Bono Marathon
What's a Pro Bono Marathon
A one-day event where a team of two to three skilled volunteers work on and deliver a defined scope of work for a nonprofit.
About this Opportunity
Taproot invites you to contribute your marketing, strategy or HR expertise to nonprofit partners of the Lloyd A. Fry Foundation in a Pro Bono Marathon event! A Pro Bono Marathon is a 6-hour event in which teams of 2-3 pro bono consultants each deliver a pre-scoped project to a nonprofit.
Nonprofits are bringing exciting challenges to the day and here’s a glimpse:
– new audience development for a multi-cultural community center
– a business plan for a nonprofit tackling public safety through a social justice lens
– a board development and assessment project for a nonprofit empowering teachers
Who Should Apply?
The ideal consultants for this event are professionals with 5+ years’ experience in the areas of marketing, HR, or finance/strategy.
• You must indicate your area of expertise in your interest statement
• We aim to let you know within one to two weeks if you’re a fit for the day’s projects. Your responsibilities in the weeks prior to the event include a 30-minute webinar, a call with your assigned organization, and team conversation around scope (about 3 hours prep time).